Unmasking Mental Health - A Purim Art Activity
In this art project, students will use the story of Purim and the tradition to wear masks to explore what it means to wear "masks" in society. Then, students will have the chance to develop a greater understanding of their own "masks" by making a mask of their own, and ask themselves questions like:
- What or who influences how you see yourself at any given time?
- Do you feel you ever wear anything (like a mask) to hide something?
- How do you feel when you are wearing one of those masks?
- How difficult is it to be yourself in your community?
- What makes it hard or easy?
- Just as Mordecai encourages Esther, are there people in your life who have encouraged you to express true self?
Area of Work
- EC - Early Childhood
- FE - Family Engagement
- DS&Y - Day Schools and Yeshivas
- AS&B - After School and Beyond
- T - Teens
- Mental Health
- Holidays (Chagim)