How We Talk About Ability
One in five. That’s the number of people with disabilities in the United States today. Today on How We Talk About, Jennifer Stern Granowitz and Erin Beser speak with Dori Frumin Kirshner, Executive Director of Matan, a Jewish non-profit working toward inclusive classrooms and communal and spiritual aspects of Jewish life. What more can we be doing to support learners with special needs and their families? Listen for concrete suggestions and language for talking about learning differences in the classroom and in the world around us.
Discussion and Reflection Questions
- Am I doing everything I can to partner with students and ensure they are getting what they need?
- What am I doing to make inclusion a reality, particularly when I am in Jewish communal settings? Am I really thinking about this and stretching myself to become part of the solution?
Area of Work
- EC - Early Childhood
- DS&Y - Day Schools and Yeshivas
- CL - Congregational Learning
- AS&B - After School and Beyond
- Mental Health
- Disability and Inclusion