Gender Equity in Day Schools Network
This Network is designed for female-identified teachers who work in a Day School and want to explore the tensions that arise around gender in the Day School environment. Giving language to the lived experience, this learning community will examine the dynamics of gender in the classroom, in the texts we teach, between students, and in our role as teacher. As both an exploratory and goal-oriented Network, we will collaboratively discuss how we support teachers in their spaces and circumstances.
- What are the steps that those who identify as women can take to address the challenges that are particular to their gender, and how do we invite other colleagues into this conversation?
- What is the title of the female-identified Judaic Studies teacher? Can we craft language for this teacher-student relationship?
- How can we relate to other marginalized members of our faculty?
- How do I recognize my sphere of influence and talk about these issues with my supervisors?
Each session will include text study and a practical focus on how the topic can be applied to a participant’s setting. Additionally, we will welcome guest educators and facilitators to the Network who have specific expertise on the topic of gender and education.
This Network will meet monthly on Tuesday evenings, beginning at the end of the Summer, and continue throughout the school year. See dates and times below:
- Tuesday, August 24, 2021
- Tuesday, October 12, 2021
- Tuesday, November 16, 2021
- Tuesday, December 14, 2021
- Tuesday, January 11, 2022
- Tuesday, February 15, 2022
- Tuesday, March 22, 2022
- Tuesday, April 26, 2022
- Tuesday, May 24, 2022
Times: 7:30 - 9:00 PM ET
Who: This Network is designed for female-identified teachers who work in a Day School.
This Network is sponsored by: