Educational Guide to Israel's Declaration of Independence
The main Declaration of Independence page provides the historical background and a basic breakdown of how the Declaration was constructed in four parts, as well as our whiteboard video examining and explaining the document. The main page leads to the following resource pages:
- The full text with a detailed introduction.
- An activity guide for learners engaging with the document.
- An exploration of Israel's lack of a formal constitution, including the proposed 1948 document, the Basic Laws, the role of the judiciary and the origins of Israeli democracy.
- A set of activities and resources for Yom Ha'Atzmaut.
- An example of an Independence Day video project, with guidance on how to re-create something similar with a class.
- The Megillat HaAtzmaut created by the Pressman Academy, along with a guide on how to use it.
- After School and Beyond
- Educator Training
- Congregational Learning
- Day Schools and Yeshivas
- Teen Engagement