Improving Writing and Thinking Skills Across the Curriculum, Track One
This is a 12 hour-program for educators new to the Collins Writing training. Participants must attend all six sessions.
- June 28: Introduction to the Five Types of Writing Discuss, model, and practice with the Type One and Type Two
- June 29: Focus on Type Three, Type Four, and Type Five Discuss, model, and practice with Type Three, Type Four, and Type Five
- June 30: Teaching Focus Correction Areas (FCAs) Discuss, model, and practice teaching Focus Correction Areas (FCAs)
- July 1: Turning Type Two Assignments into Type Three Discuss, model, and practice turning Type Two assignments into Type Three
- July 5: Strategies for Peer Review and Three Step Editing Discuss, model, and practice strategies for peer review and three-step editing
- July 6: Plan implementation, answer questions, and highlight resources
Monday, June 28, 2021
Tuesday, June 29, 2021
Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Thursday, July 1, 2021
Monday, July 5, 2021
Tuesday, July 6, 2021
Time: 10:00 AM- 12:00 PM ET
Who: This workshop is open to teachers in New York City only, as it is funded by Title IIA.
- This workshop will grant CTLE credits. Please note that the credits must be requested in advance. In order to receive the credits, you must be logged in for the entire duration of the workshop, have your video camera on, and be in the frame.
- Please note, once you have registered, we cannot refund your order.
- All workshops have a cost unless otherwise indicated. No one will be turned down due to cost. If you have any issues making the full payment or have general questions, please email Amanda Srere.
Dr. John Collins, Catapult Learning | The founder and director of Collins Education Associates, Dr. Collins is a recognized expert in the teaching of writing and has dedicated his career to improving K-12 students’ thinking and writing skills. He is the creator of the highly successful Collins Writing Program and the author of numerous publications including his widely used book The Collins Writing Program: Improving Student Performance Through Writing and Thinking Across the Curriculum. The Collins Writing Program is used in thousands of classrooms by millions of students throughout the United States and internationally. For more than thirty years, Dr. Collins has been providing teacher training and consulting services to schools. John is a master trainer with an unrelenting passion and enthusiasm for improving student achievement through writing. This passion shines through in all his workshops and professional coaching.