How We Talk About Prayer
In this episode of How We Talk About, Jen Stern Granowitz and Erin Beser speak with Josh Rosenberg, Cantorial Fellow at Park Avenue Synagogue, about the challenges of praying and learning how to pray. Josh’s background as a classroom music teacher influences his perspective on how to effectively lead and teach a challenging topic. Listen for tips to create a prayer flow, manage transitions, and quiet a room full of rowdy fifth graders like a boss.
Discussion & Reflection Questions
- What are your tefillah goals for your students/institution?
- Would you try any of Josh Rosenberg’s suggestions in your classroom? If yes, which one(s)?
- A question from Josh Rosenberg: In your personal prayer practice, what purpose does language serve? Do you pray with words at all? Why or why not?
Area of Work
- EC - Early Childhood
- CL - Congregational Learning
- AS&B - After School and Beyond