Educational Resources of Yad V'Shem
Yad V'Shem provides an extensive collection of resources on their website, including still images, videos, complete lessons, and ready to print digital exhibitions. This guide will help you to navigate how these resources may be used in commemoration of Yom HaShoah or throughout the year. The majority of these resources are offered at no cost. Selected resources may require online registration and a nominal fee.
Expanding Your Holocaust Knowledge
- An overview of the Holocaust thematically and chronologically is available here.
- Teaching the Holocaust: Innovative Approaches to the Challenges We Face is a free online course for educators that seek to enrich their understanding of the Holocaust and consider pedagogical approaches to its teaching. Additional Online Courses are available here.
Holocaust Lessons and Curriculum
- Self-contained programs or lesson plans in commemoration of Yom HaShoah or International Holocaust Remembrance Day (January 27) are available here.
- Educational materials for use in Jewish settings is available here. You can search for resources by grade.
- Educational materials for use in both general and Jewish settings is available here. This material is divided into twelve categories including: survivor testimonies, artifacts, film and book reviews, and complete lesson plans.
- The Holocaust Education Video Toolbox provides resources aligned to Echoes & Reflections, a comprehensive Holocaust education program developed in partnership with the ADL and the USC Shoah Foundation. These materials can also be used independently.
REsources to Deepen Student Understanding
- The Holocaust Resource Center is a digital archive of in-depth materials to be used in supporting Holocaust education. It also includes a comprehensive lexicon of Holocaust terms and a detailed timeline of events.
- Survivor Testimonies are available as part of the "Witnesses and Education" series available here.
- Online Exhibitions and digital reproductions of Holocaust artifacts are available here.
- ready2print Exhibitions (for local production) are available here.
Area of Work
- FE - Family Engagement
- DS&Y - Day Schools and Yeshivas
- CL - Congregational Learning
- AS&B - After School and Beyond
- T - Teens
- Jewish Peoplehood