Educational Resources of the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
The US Holocaust Memorial Museum provides an extensive collection of online resources, including lesson plans, videos, a Holocaust encyclopedia, exhibitions, and general guidelines to teaching the Holocaust. This resource will help you effectively use the US Holocaust Memorial Museum website to educate students on the Holocaust for Yom HaShoah or throughout the year.
EXPANDING YOUR HOLOCAUST KNOWLEDGe
- An Overview of the Holocaust: Topics to Teach – Recommended resources and topics if you have limited time to teach about the Holocaust.
- Guidelines for teaching about the Holocaust are available here.
- It is important to develop a rationale and learning objectives for your Holocaust curriculum. Learn more.
HOLOCAUST LESSONS AND CURRICULUM
- Foundational lesson plans for teaching about the Holocaust are available here. The lessons cover a wide array of historical subjects.
- An extensive list of lesson plans and training materials organized by topic can be found here.
- Resources for distance learning, including lesson plans, lessons compatible with learning management systems, videos, and viewing guides are available here.
RESOURCES TO DEEPEN STUDENT UNDERSTANDINg
- A searchable Holocaust Encyclopedia with the option to refine search to specific content types.
- A collection of 600 ID cards to learn the personal stories of those who perished in the Shoah.
- Virtual field trip and lesson plan is available here.
- The general collection of online tools for learning and teaching is available here.
- After School and Beyond
- Congregational Learning
- Day Schools and Yeshivas
- Teen Engagement
- Family Engagement