Westchester Youth Professional Roundtable
About this Network:
The Youth Professional Roundtable is an opportunity for youth and teen professionals to build relationships with colleagues in the field, examine key challenges that arise in their roles and explore opportunities for collaboration across the New York area.
The Youth Professional Roundtable is a great entry point to engaging with our teen work at The Jewish Education Project.
This roundtable is offered in partnership with and with the generous support of the Westchester Jewish Council.
- This network is designed for Youth Professionals in Westchester. Folks who work part-time or full-time with 6th-12th graders at any Jewish organization (congregations, schools, JCCs, service learning, youth philanthropy, and more!) are perfect for this network!
- We are meeting in-person!
- This network will meet three times throughout the year with professionals from the Westchester area.
- If you are interested in connecting in-person with colleagues across the broader New York area, check out our New York Area Youth Professionals Network. Participants are encouraged to join both their local roundtable and the regional network.
New to our networks? I would love to have an initial conversation to learn about what you are looking for in a network! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Facilitator:
Loen Amer has been an experiential Jewish educator working with teens since she was one herself! She has served at Temple Israel of Great Neck as the Director of Teen and Community Engagement, and at Bet Torah in Mt Kisco–first as their Director of Youth Engagement, and then as their Director of Experiential Learning for Children and Teens. Loen has also worked for Ramah Israel, the Hillel at Hofstra University, Woodbury Jewish Center, and Temple Beth Sholom in Roslyn Heights.
Loen has a voracious love for lifelong Jewish learning, and most recently studied Torah le’shmah, Torah for its own sake, at the Conservative Yeshiva in Jerusalem. She lives on Manhattan's Upper West Side and enjoys baking and reading.
Thursday at 10amOct 19, Jan 4, Apr 11
- Hybrid (includes some virtual)
- New members
- Target audience
Educator / TeacherNon-Profit Engagement / Education ProfessionalYouth Professional / Teen Engagement
- Geographic regions
- Area of work
Congregational LearningTeen Engagement