The WELL - Nominate a Teacher Today!
Wisdom, Empowerment, leading, and learning: A fellowship for newer teachers in supplemental Jewish education
Do you know a newer teacher in a supplemental Jewish education program? Do you want to enhance their skills and knowledge?
Join other teachers from New York and across North America to draw from "The Well" - a professional cohort for newer teachers.
Nominate your teacher today!
Learn from Seasoned Jewish Educators Across North America
The WELL is a year-long fellowship program designed to connect Jewish educators at the beginning of their careers. Through a robust combination of educational training sessions and professional coaching The WELL will advance participants’ development as teachers, and support their meaningful impact in the communities they serve.
Aimed at: Jewish congregational school teachers with 0–5 years experience, and all other Jewish educators who work in supplemental education programs across North America who want to refine their teaching craft.
Structure & Facilitators: Year-long cohort fellowship comprised of:
- Synchronous training sessions: 6 two-hour training sessions with teachers from across North America led by the fields’ top teachers and leaders.
- Group coaching sessions: 6 one-hour reflective practice sessions led Ivy Schreiber, Senior Education Consultant at The Jewish Education Project.
Fellowship Learning Arc, Program dates, and coaching sessions
Six program dates, one per month, each two hours long: Sundays 7:30-9:00 PM or Wednesdays 8:00-9:30 PM
- Building Classroom Community: November 13th or 16th, 2022
- Classroom Management & Partnering with Parents: December 11th or 14th, 2022
- Keys to Great Lesson Planning: January 4th or 8th, 2023
- How Kids Learn Best: Inclusive Education: February 5th or 8th, 2023
- Creative & Authentic Assessment: March 5th or 8th, 2023
- Who am I as a Jewish Educator?: March 29th or April 2nd, 2023
Each program date is followed by a group coaching session (six coaching sessions total), each one hour long. Exact date and time to be determined by the New York cohort.
Cost: Fee of $72 per teacher, paid by the congregation.
Participating teachers need to make a commitment to attend all 6 program dates and all 6 coaching sessions. Education Directors do not need to attend.
Registration closes on October 19th, 2022. Cohort will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
For more information or any questions you may have, please contact Ivy Schreiber at The Jewish Education Project.