PEDAGOGIES FOR CONCURRENT LEARNING created and facilitated by BetterLesson
Our virtual workshops are highly collaborative and participatory -- they are not a webinar! Virtual learning workshops are roughly 2 hours each and use Zoom video conferencing. Throughout the workshop, a BetterLesson coach will support educators to:
- Learn about high impact instructional strategies in your focus area that can be implemented tomorrow
- Experience active virtual pedagogy through chatting, digital tools, and small group sessions
- Create and execute manageable implementation steps
- Build a collaborative learning community to share challenges and successes
Throughout these interactive sessions, participants will learn more about the opportunities of the concurrent classroom, identify practical solutions to enhance classroom teaching, and acquire actionable take-aways for your classroom as well as big-picture thinking about practice for the future.
The format will be:
- Two 2-hour custom-designed virtual workshops
- Four 1:1 virtual coaching sessions (each 30 minutes long)
The 1:1 virtual coaching sessions will help the teacher leaders create a professional development plan on Concurrent Learning practices for their school.
BetterLesson Lab and Portfolio
Throughout their BetterLesson Coaching experience, teachers will have access to:
- Thousands of high quality teaching strategies in the BetterLesson Lab
- Tools for tracking their progress and students' growth
- A digital portfolio that showcases what they’ve been working on and how they’ve grown
For more information about BetterLesson, please visit their website.
The workshops will take place on Tuesday, Dec. 8 from 7:00-9:00 pm and Tuesday, Dec. 22 from 7:00-9:00 pm.