DEI Educators Network
About this Network:
This network is for Educators working in Jewish spaces whose work focuses on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). This work is meant to affirm all identities, both dominant and marginalized, so that every person feels a true sense of belonging.
Within this network, Educators will:
- Have the opportunity to work with and from one another;
- Have the ability to work in hevruta (small groups) and have explicit thought partners;
- Be in community with one another;
- Hear about how DEI work happens across the country in Jewish spaces, and what similarities and differences arise from geography;
- Celebrate the importance of affirming all identities through DEI work.
About the Facilitator:
Eliana Rubin (she/they) is a queer and trans artist and educator. She aims to help people better understand themselves and the world around them through Jewish, theatre, and inclusive education. Eliana is a proud employee of The Jewish Education Project, serving as their Education Manager, Inclusive Models. She is a graduate of HUC-JIR, where she received her Master of Educational Leadership. Eliana also received her BFA from NYU / Tisch (ETW). Eliana is a musician, playwright, and screenwriter, and enjoys intertwining her artistic and Jewish passions through her creation of Jewsicals (Jewish musicals), short musical numbers centered around Judaic texts. She will never say no to a bag of movie theater popcorn.
Tuesday, 1-2pm ET (future times to be decided by the group)Oct 10 (future dates to be decided by the group)
- New members
- Target audience
Associate / Assistant DirectorClergyDirector / Principal / Head of SchoolEducator / TeacherIndependent EducatorYouth Professional / Teen Engagement
- Geographic regions
- Area of work
Educator TrainingCongregational LearningDay Schools and YeshivasEarly ChildhoodFamily EngagementTeen Engagement