Choosing a Direction for your Computer Science Program
In an increasingly tech-driven world, “Computer Science” can feel like something we should be doing, but navigating how to best incorporate it into our school’s curriculum and culture can feel like a minefield. This 1-hour seminar guides administrators with the first steps to take when considering incorporating a Computer Science (CS) program including:
- Understanding different aspects of CS: Coding, Physical Computing, Digital Fabrication and Robotics
- Hiring for your program/understanding the skill set of your instructor
- Budgeting for each option and logistic considerations
TTT will provide planning materials to outline each school’s unique needs and interests and assign some “homework” before the following session
Tuesday, July 22, 2021
Wednesday, July 29, 2021
Time: 10:00 AM- 11:00 AM ET
Who: This workshop is open to administrators and ed-tech teachers in New York City only, as it is funded by Title IIA.
- This workshop will grant CTLE credits. Please note that the credits must be requested in advance. In order to receive the credits, you must be logged in for the entire duration of the workshop, have your video camera on, and be in the frame.
- Please note, once you have registered, we cannot refund your order.
- All workshops have a cost unless otherwise indicated. No one will be turned down due to cost. If you have any issues making the full payment or have general questions, please email Amanda Srere.